Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kwak-Comic Aufruhr


Roundabout a year ago I was asked to contribute to a comicbook done by artists from and about the Ruhr-area of Germany, thats the industrial part, where I was born.
I was too late as usual and started this a few days before I went on vacation. I was planning to do a page or two but it grew and grew while was working on it.
Here are some of the sketches. I will update this over the next few days. The book is still available by the way and worth checking out.
Enjoy.




Playing around with the finished pages I turned some into Sepia ...






























This is Günther Jauch, the host of the German version of "Who wants to be a millionaire". It's a reuse of a sketch I did for "Mecki" years ago, a comicstrip in a TV-guide.













3 comments:

Wahoony said...

Wow! Ich liebe diese dynamischen Tusche-Linien!

Boris Hiestand said...

here here!
lovely use of thick and thin- these are so dynamic and full of energy!

karim Qabrawi said...

cool toon man ;D