Thursday, March 30, 2006

Brother Bear






This project was haunting around the studio for a while as "King Lear with Bears", before Aaron Blaise took it under his wing.
I was asked to do some PreVis on the bears based on what I had done to the gorillas in "Tarzan" and the llamas in" Kingdom of the Sun". Since the movie was playing in the time when the first asian nomads crossed the behring passage into the americas (at least at that point of development ), we started with looking at cavepainting of bears. I found a lot of very good reference and shapes in particular. I was amazed with the way those artists treated the straights and the curves for example. A lot of the reference we collected found it's way into the movie without change.












9 comments:

Nick Sung said...

Terrific Harald! This is such a beautiful film--I hope we get to see much more of your PreVis work.

Thanks!

A. Riabovitchev said...

Great work!I love how you drawing.

Victor Ens said...

Amazing drawings !!! Very beautyful and powerful stuff.

Benjamin De Schrijver said...

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this. Is that first one an actual cave painting? Or is it a faked one?

HaraldSiepermann said...

Thats an actual cave painting. I had quite some books on that subject, this one is from google, I don't want to go through the books again and scan them in ....

mackaydesign said...

Wonderful post. Great drawings. I look forward to more!

Boris Hiestand said...

these are amazing. the film looked so rich, but.. what did yuo think of the final result?

UrbanBarbarian said...

Great drawings all the way around!

Alina Chau said...

Very cool too see the development arts of the film. Love the drawings!