Saturday, November 19, 2005

Kala





I was very lucky, that my daughter was born half a year before I started on Tarzan, that was perfect reference, not only visually but also emotionally. It helped a lot finding that warmth and get it into Kala's eyes and attitude.I paid great attention to warm, friendly , round lines, can't find a better way to say it, you gotta feel it, when you draw it. At least I have to ...







Another piece from the wonderful world of merchandising : A bottle of bathing-soda.Actually pretty much on model.When I think back to the Disney toys I had , when I was a kid....They were terrible and had the wrong colors.Still, I have them somewhere...

9 comments:

Benjamin De Schrijver said...

Those are beautiful. I've just bought the Tarzan Chronicles book, and it's golden. It was great to see some of your work in there as well. They spelled your name wrong, though ;-)

Keep on posting this great stuff! I can never see enough!

HaraldSiepermann said...

Yes they did, I think in didn't look European enough for their taste, not at all like Häagen Dasz. These kind of things happen, when you're not there to see it happen and correct them.

Alina Chau said...

These are great drawings ... she is one of my favourite characters in the film

lorraine_alvarez said...

I Loove you're conceptual work its amazing! Very Inspirational. I also have the Tarzan chronicles book and I agree its awsome :-)

Yea carry on posting!! Please!!

lorraine_alvarez said...

I absolutely Loove you're conceptual art! Very inspirational I also got the Tarzan chronicles book and I agree its amazing :-)

Yea keep on posting! Please!

ps. hope u don't mind if I link your site from mine!

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful drawings! (I repeat what everyone here is saying but it's true!) I think you got your point through-You can see/feel the love in her eyes.

Kevin Dalton said...

live immates art and art immates life.

love to see artist putting certain emotions and feeling that we feel in our lives into their work.

lovely work sir.

HaraldSiepermann said...

Danke schön, Bonnie, hows your German coming ?

Bonnie said...

Oh! German is very difficult, but it is a fun challenge. I have family near Nürnberg and always wanted to converse with them in their native tongue. Thank you for asking!! (I could have written this in German right? But it's a holiday here and I'm just too lazy right now! Don't tell my teacher!! ;-) )