Sunday, September 11, 2005

BERLIN



another drawing by Ronald Searle...

Some of you might be interested to know that the German Film School in Berlin, a high-profile CG-school, is offering it's first study-course for Character Design in March 2006. I was asked to put the course together and I was able to talk a.o. Mr. Cheng Yi Chang of "Mulan"-fame into teaching there. More lectures will be held by Christian Schellewald ( ProdDesign-Eldorado, Over The Hedge), ILM's highly talented Arthur McBride ( Creature Design - Pirates o.t. Caribean, Minority Report, MIB... a.o.), Frank Petzold from Tippet Studio, Jacob Schuh and Oscar nominated Johannes Weiland ( Hesse James, Annie and Boo ) and many , many others.I'm still waiting for Passion Pictures' Pierre Coffin's and Kyle"Monsters Inc"Balda's final commitment, but I'm very sure, that they will be with us, too.
I will have one or two things to say myself, and of course the courses will be held in english. If you're interested , check out the school's website under

www.germanfilmschool.de

No comments: