Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Roger Rabbit Storyboards Prt. 1

I promised you this a while ago. These are some old storyboardsketches I did together with Hans Bacher over at Amblin in 1987. I won't go into detail about every single pic, but I'll keep updating this throughout the next days. Keep looking in and enjoy.





Most of this stuff is Eddie looking for Jessica Rabbit in this huge Toon-Hotel. Here he finds the door blocked by the doorknob from "Alice". Sadly RR takes place in 1947, so using a character from a later dated movie was a " no,no".



A tour through Amblin from a magazine of that time. I wasn't allowed to take my own pictures and I had to turn the camera in, when I tried it nevertheless.So I kept these as a souvenir. I have no idea, who the guy in the pictures is.Probably the gardener.













9 comments:

Boris Hiestand said...

"A MAYAN!"

great stuff! So simple, so clear.
I believe they didn't use any material in the middle panel? love the train coming at him in there.
The bottom panel is exactly how it turned out in the film-
thanks for sharing!

CEREAL KILLER said...

learning a lot in here!!

( º3º)

UM said...

It's not the gardener, it's Spielberg, you silly!

hans bacher said...

harald, das ist ein guter zufall - jetzt wird die gleiche zeit von 2 seiten beschrieben. ich habe das gleiche thema in meinem blog...
hans

HaraldSiepermann said...

Manchmal ist die Zeit für bestimmte Themen einfach reif ....

Tony said...

Hi Harald,
very nice board! I like the pencil sketch when he falls! Do youhave any more Roger Rabitt stuff? Would like to see more!

Thanks for sharing!

Mokuu said...

Remember ever seeing Alfred J. on TV? Im sure it was made in europe and imported in canada.

Valentina said...

Oh my..

I can't believe I was one of the children watching Roger R, and you one of the men that worked on it ..

hi harald, how are you?
It's been a while, uh? :)

HaraldSiepermann said...

" ALfred J." was conceived in Europe, produced in Japan and broadcasted worldwide exp. US